Monday, February 22, 2010

2-22-2010 Letter Home

 Heyeverybody, quick message,
I'm in the Mission Office in the center of Fortaleza today. We had interviews with President Batt and, because Elder ----- has pink-eye, we are spending our P-Day here while he gets checked-up on by a doctor nearby, so we can return to Maracanau together. I am not going to spend all of my time here because I don't think I can send photos or videos... forgot to bring my cable, didn't think we'd be here all day. I want to use the time later.

But, hey, my email was upgraded to a GMail-based format, its fantastic. Don't know why they changed it but they did, its all part of the new, 21st century hi-tech system they gots in Salt Lake City.

In my interview with President Batt I asked about getting on YouTube to upload videos... apparently it is against the rules. It seems some other Elders here passed some faulty information to me. But do not worry, this new email saved the day. If you place a YouTube link in an e-mail to me, the awesome new Gmail-based program will automatically start loading up the video on my new email. This is NOT against the rules. But you have to be careful and place the link exactly so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaxisBi168Q

Understand? It has to be the URL of the video, not the channel or something else. The last two videos you sent me, for this reason, I cannot access. So send me the URLs of those videos as fast as you can so that I can watch them today, whenever I get back on a computer. It might be this evening or tomorrow even.

So, I can view your videos, this isn't a problem. I can also send videos to you guys, and you guys can upload them to YouTube. My videos might be a little bit shorter, I'm not sure how many megabytes I can send... I think it might be 10 MB or 20 MB. I also heard that I can send larger files to other gmail users... so I will be sending my videos to connor's new e-mail and kayleacarpenter@gmail.com if you guys don't mind. Tudo certo? (Everything good? but literally Every right?)

Right on!

Looks like Elder ----- is going to take longer than we thought, so we are ditching them. I have a bus to catch, and I will log-on in a LANhouse in Maracanau to type out a longer letter and upload videos and photos. But send me those links if you can, that'd be awesome! I love you guys!

-Elder Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment