Tuesday, October 20, 2009

10-20-2009 Letter Home

Dear Family,

Thanks so much for your prayers. Ah man, I am so excited to get out into the campo. I am dying to get out of here. Its been great, but I am done with the CTM and I want to start working as soon as I can. By the time I read your next e-mail it'll be from Fortaleza and after my first few days with my likely-to-be-Brazilian trainer. Cool, huh? I am so glad that I worked as hard as I did and I was prepared for the CTM... it seems some people didn´t really and they are paying for it now in fears and tears. I have a few regrets but I feel like I did a pretty good job. Now I just need to get started!

It has definitely sunk in that I am on my mission, and before feels like a whole different life. Kind of like when I was at Santa Cruz but even more so. I am thinking about home life and college life a lot lately, though I try not too. Can't believe that was a year ago! Time really flies by... this mission isn't going to be very long for me, though it might be for you guys. I want to make the most of it as much as possible.

You guys are doing great, I really don't need anything from home other than letters and e-mails and prayers. Not yet, any way.

Hey Dad! Great Portuguese! You trying to learn the lingua too?
Thank you so much for your kind words. Connor and I are praying for you and the family.



I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for everything, Dad, you are the benefactor of so much in my life.

Your son,
Elder Brendon Carpenter


Hey Mom!
Don´t worry about me, I have o Espirito Santo as my companheiro and Jesus Cristo as my lider. I´m not going to be sad my first night, I think I´ll just be very excited to begin my first full day. I am so excited to get to Fortaleza! Work becomes so fun when you give your whole self to it and when it is so important. I´m so lucky to be here and I am so blessed with the opportunity. Its going to be awesome.

Will one of you take Kaitlin to the Library some time this week, if you have the time and you haven´t already? She liked that a lot when we went with her, just casually strolling through the aisles of books and finding something she liked... I´d be really grateful if someone took her to go pick up some library books, its so close too. Thanks in advance.

Read the New Testament! Connor just finished it here and I wanted real bad to read it too. Even better... if you have Jesus the Christ somewhere, read that. That´s such an awesome book, and if the First Presidency suggests that the missionaries to read it, you know there´s something important about it. It's helped me get to know Jesus Christ a lot better and that´s important.

Hmm, going to have to wrap this up. But, I will tell you that I did go proselyting. You´ll get my last written letter all about it. It was very fun, we went to the center of Sao Paulo and we talked to so many people! Placed three OLDMs into the hands of three people I liked a lot. I love you guys so much and I´d love to write more but I gotta get off of the computer. Everything is great here, just really antsy to get to Fortaleza finally and start the work.

Much love!
Your son,
Elder Brendon Carpenter


--------------------

written letter from later that day


10-20-2009
Hey Family, Friends!
Today has been busy and this letter is going to be short. Sorry! Thanks for checking Facebook for me, Mom and updating PV. That must take some time. Do you have my mailing address at Fortaleza? If not, I’ll email you later. Thanks for doing a great job, Mom! Get Lynsey to help you out too.

Sigh

Five minutes left. Shoot, guys. I have good stories about proselyting, but they’ll have to wait. I’ll have so much to tell you anyway in my next letter about Fortaleza. I love you all and am thinking about everyone of you. I love this gospel and my fantastic missionary calling. This is a blast. You won’t get a letter from me for a while, but they’ll probably be longer. Don’t’ miss me too much!
I love you all so much! Sorry this letter was so short! Lots of news via email next week and maybe video and pictures!

Love,
Your son, brother, friend, or relative,
Elder Brendon Carpenter
 

No comments:

Post a Comment